Off the beach! Lingcod.....not too bad.


APRIL 23, 2011





Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fishing on the Central Coast






Fishing on the Central coast is some of the best fishing out there!

I started out lake fishing back in New Mexico, years ago. In fact, it was trout fishing with my dad and man was that boring!! It wasn't until I moved to California that I tried Ocean Fishing on a chartered boat in San Diego that I realized that Ocean Fishing is where it was at for me!!! Once we moved to the Central Coast...............nothing beats..........fishing on the central coast! I'll never go back to lake fishing. Ok, Ok, even lake fishing is better than no fishing at all!!!! But Ocean Fishing ROCKS!!!!

I love the chartered boat fishing expeditions, but most of the time I wake up, grab my gear and head to the beach. Rock fishing is my favorite and here I'll show you some of the fish we've had the pleasure of catching and some of the treacherous areas we've been. Surf fishing isn't too bad either and you will catch a little more than surf perch now and then. It's amazing what can come out of the ocean when Fishing on the Central Coast!

1 comment:

Tried to Rock fish the day after the tsunami!

We can usually fish off the rocks without a problem, but the seas were too rough, choppy and unpredictable. So we stayed away from the ledges and found some outcrops and a hole. That hole was productive!

Found a hole in the rocks!

Found a hole in the rocks!